Topics - SSO
Use your same username and password with multiple systems -me.
- The material below was cobbled together for personal use, from attributed sources, and endured some mild look/feel massage.
- Document Purpose: Conveniently scoped refresher on the listed SSO.
Functional Concept - SSO
- Basics - Federated Identity
- The concept of a centralized or linked electronic identity is known as federated identity. Federated identity systems handle several concerns:
- Deals with validating user crede ntials and establishing the identity of the user.
- Related to access restrictions (e.g., is the user allowed to access X resource?).
- User attributes exchange
- Deals with data sharing across different user management systems.
- For instance, fields such as “real name” may be present in multiple systems.
- User management
- Related to the administration (creation, deletion, update) of user accounts.